Powered By Blogger

15‏/10‏/2012

Just Stories from Syria



Stories Children Should never heard of, but in Syria children lived these stories..



Hassan, 14: “I was at a funeral when I first witnessed the rocket that caused a massacre.
“I think it was targeting the funeral. Both my cousin and my uncle died that day.
“My cousin and I used to do everything together, and I lost him – my cousin who used to always stand by my side. My house was also burnt down. Everything was gone. I looked around and everyone was devastated, no one could look at each other.
“The children in Syria need help. They need help because they are being tortured, shelled, shot at.
“They create a human shield of children. They know that the people in the town will not shoot their own children. I saw this with my own eyes.
“Because of what is happening we don’t play any more. I miss my house, I miss my neighbourhood and I also miss playing football.” 


Khalid, 15: “See these marks? My hands were tied with a plastic cord.
“Some men came to our village. I tried to escape but they took me to jail – except it wasn’t a jail, it was my old school.
“They took me there to torture me, in the same place where I used to learn. My father was the principal there. But the men had taken over and made it into a torture centre.
“They hung me up from the ceiling by my wrists, with my feet off the ground. Then I was beaten.
“I was terrified. More than 100 of us were kept in a room at the school. One boy was only 12.”

Amani, 13: “Once, when I was in the shelter, I was so scared I had a fit.
“My sister told me that it was a nervous breakdown.
“To start with, the violence wasn’t so extreme. We could cope. But now the men have started to kill children. When they started shelling our village, we spent 10 days in a row in our basement.
“I’ve heard a lot about torture and slaughter. Thank God I’ve not witnessed it myself but I have seen what happens after torture. I saw it with my brother, Hamam.


Omar, 11: “Once I was asleep and I woke up because I heard the shells fall next to our house. I was so scared my tongue was frozen. I couldn’t even talk.
“Another day I was playing with my brothers and my cousin. We were teasing her and she was upset.
“Then she left us and went to her house. That night, a shell destroyed my nine-year-old cousin’s house – the one we’d upset during the day.
“I regret that she died feeling sad.”